Friday, January 20, 2012

Cheesy Peasy

Cheese is a HUGE staple in this house.

Mainly because of Kyle. >.<

We all dig on cheese, but Kyle? He LOVES cheese. He's infatuated with cheese. Cheese and him go hand and hand. There's never such a thing as "too much". *sigh*

On the upside, it helps me throw some veggies into food without him making bad faces. So I guess it's a win.

I wanted something easy, simple, and different tonight for dinner. We all love pasta/italian. And pasta goes with cheese well. I debated macaroni and cheese, but I bet I'd never hear the end about how it's not his Aunt Terry's, but it's good.

I'm okay with that, though. Terry makes some bomb mac and cheese.

So, I threw some stuff together in a dish and BAM. Dinner.



I love easy and cheap dinners.



Awesome Cheesy Pasta Bake

8 oz. uncooked rotini noodles
8 oz. 2 cheese blend (I used cheddar/jack)
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese (optional)
1 c. milk
seasoning to taste (I used salt, pepper, some italian seasoning, and garlic powder)

Boil the pasta until al dente.



While cooking the pasta, throw the rest of the ingredients together.
You can either mix these in a 8x8 baking dish (that you'll be using) or another bowl.
Now, sense would probably tell you "Just mix it in the baking dish! One less dish to clean!" Oh no. Not me. I'm a glutton for punishment, ya hear?! I live on the edge! I used and dirtied a whole other bowl!



Anywho. Mix that up until it's all good and combined. Preheat your oven to 375.
Then when the noodles are done, drain them and mix them into your bowl 'o' cheese.



Pour this into your baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes, until it's hot throughout.



Serve it with some bangin' garlic bread.


And this is totally kid-approved.
And Kyle approved...


Try adding in stuff, for real. This is such an easy recipe to build onto. Try some chicken. Or broccoli. Carrots? Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment