Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Rainy Day Baking

It's a pretty gloomy day in my parts. Raining on and off, dark..okay..light grey..clouds all over the sky, and a nice, cool breeze. Which, I love cool breezes. I love having the windows open and the smell of the rain just filling the house.

*sigh*

I'm on a pretty tight pantry right now, so I was pretty limited on making something, but it's a given. When it's a day like today, baking needs to occur. 

Unwritten rule? Yes. Very yes.

I wanted whoopie pies, so desperately bad (hollaaaa to the north!) but I had nothing close to what I needed to make them. But what I did find was the exact things I needed to make the easiest thing ever.

And these things are always in my kitchen. Helloooo baking safety net.



Yeah. Totally talking about some amazing, versatile peanut butter cookies.
Oh, and it helps that they only take 3 ingredients.




Gloomy Day Peanut Butter Cookies

1 c. sugar
1 c. peanut butter (crunchy or creamy, no difference here)
1 egg

(Yeah, dude. THAT simple.)

Preheat the oven to 350.
Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat them like they owe you money.



Then add the sugar and mix.



Then add the peanut butter and mix. And don't forget to scrape the sides.



Use a spoon to scoop out a ball and form it in your hands. Place them on a cookie sheet. 



Use a fork and press the tines into the ball to flatten it out. You may want to dip the fork tines into some sugar so there's no pulling or tugging or breaking of the ball.



Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on how chewy you want your cookies. I was done at 11. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for a minute or two before transferring them to a cooling rack.



Let them cool and dig in. Easy, right? And it takes only roughly 15 minutes total for them.



And here's the FUN part. These cookies, you can add just about anything to. Like...
- Instead of flattening with a fork, push a Hershey's kiss into the middle.
- Add a dash of cinnamon.
- Add some chocolate chips.
The possibilities are...okay, probably endless, but ample!

No comments:

Post a Comment