Monday, October 10, 2011

Where's the beef?

Growing up, I ate a lot of roast beef sandwiches. They were usually what was for lunch.

Now that I'm older, I'm pretty much inlove with Arbys.

I love their beef and cheddar sandwiches, I loved the Big Montanas when they were around, I even worked there for a time. The discount was BOMB.

Luckily, I married a guy that shares the love of roast beef sandwiches. How did I get so blessed? 

I've been on the lookout for an easy way to make some french dip sandwiches, and I finally found one we all love, even Selena and Gabe. 




Easy Beef Dip Sandwiches

1 can beef broth
3 beef boullion cubes
1 lb. roast beef (from the deli, sliced thinly)
Salt
Pepper
Seasoning Salt
Garlic Powder
Bread
Swiss cheese

Preheat the oven to 350.
Pour your can of beef broth into a measuring cup. Put your 3 cubes into the broth and microwave for a couple minutes. When the broth is hot, it dissolves the cubes a lot easier. A LOT. 



After the cubes are dissolved, pour the broth into a pan (a deep pan) and keep the heat on a low-medium setting.
Place your roast beef in the broth. Sprinkle your seasonings all over it and move them around from time to time.
While the roast beef is heating up in the pan, toast your pieces of bread using a toaster. You can use hoagie buns, kaiser buns, etc., and heat them in the oven, but this is so much easier. After they're out of the toaster, place them on a baking sheet.
Place some roast beef down on a piece of bread, top with a slice or two of swiss cheese, and then some more roast beef. Place the other piece of bread on there to finish it up. Repeat that for all your sandwiches (this usually makes 4 for me). 



Bake the sandwiches for about 5 minutes, just enough for the cheese to melt.
Take the rest of the broth in the pan and pour it into some small bowls. This is your dipping sauce and it's delicious.
After the sandwiches are done, all you have to do is dip and bite. 

How easy is that? And simple? And, trust me, SUPER delicious. So delicious, infact, that I don't even have an end result picture. These sandwiches get ate up QUICK after they're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment