Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"Bacon makes the world go round."

Atleast, according to Kyle. *eye roll*

Tonight, I tried something completely new. As in, I've never made it before. Along with the sidedish.

Bacon wrapped chicken breasts stuffed with onion garlic cream cheese and potatoes au gratin. Let me just get my pat on the back up in here now. *pats self on back*

So, the potatoes were fantastic. But then I tasted the chicken. Let's just say, I didn't want the potatoes after that.


God bless my slow cooker.


Selena, my step-daughter helped me out tonight. She was so proud afterwards when dinner was "goooood!"


Oh good God. Oh yeah.



Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Chicken breasts (I used 3)
1 package bacon
1 block cream cheese (Your choice on if you want any additives, I added garlic powder and onion powder to mine. You could also opt to not stuff it with a thing.)

Preheat the oven to 400.
Trim the fat on the chicken as best as you can. Cut a slice in the middle of the chicken (on the side) to form a pocket. Fill the pocket with cream cheese. It's easiest to mix up the cream cheese at room temperature before doing this. Wrap the stuffed chicken breasts up in bacon slices (I used 4 slices/chicken breast). Bake for 40-45 minutes until the juices run clear.
Broil the chicken for a few minutes to give the bacon a sort of crisp top. And then you're done! How easy was that?!


Yeah. You know you want this.


Absolutely perfect. 

Slow Cooker Potatoes Au Gratin

About 5-6 potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. milk
1/2 c. margarine
8 oz. velveeta cheese, diced
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Garlic powder (to taste)

Throw your potatoes into the slow cooker. Add the margarine and mix it a bit, just enough to kinda distribute the margarine through the potatoes. Add both soups and milk and mix, mix, mix. Add your seasonings and mix again. Top with the velveeta. Kinda just sprinkle it around. Cook on high for 4 hours, more or less depending on the thickness of your slices. Before serving, give them one last mix. And you're done!


Sooooo much better than a freaking box.

This meal had me in complete awe. I was really impressed at how good everything tasted. With as easy as it was, I didn't expect it to be THAT good. But everyone loved it!


Martha Stewart can kiss my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment