Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookie Time!

There's nothing like a grilled PB&J in your mouth. /drools. But when you don't have bread, like I am, you gotta make do with what you have. And what I have is an abundance of peanut butter, thanks to Kyle reading "jiffy mix" on my grocery list and taking it as JIF. >.<

He gets an A for effort, though.


Finished cookies!



You know, if my mixer was a man, I'd probably marry it.


Dry ingredients.


This batter? Delicious.

Side scraping.




Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 c. butter at room temperature
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 1/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix the butter alone until it's creamy. Add both sugars and mix well. Add your egg and peanut butter and mix it all until it's combined. Usually, I let this mix while I do this next step.
Combine your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Lightly mix it with a spoon.
Add the flour mix to the peanut butter mix slowly and make sure to scrape the sides. Pop it in the fridge for 1-2 hours so it can solidify and is easy and less sticky when rolling it into balls.

 

Preheat your oven to 300. *
Roll your peanut butter dough into about 1/2 in. balls. I usually use a tablespoon for a size reference. Lay them out on your cookie sheet (ungreased, but I like using foil or wax paper).
Using a fork, flatten the cookies down slightly. It's easier to use a fork that is dipped in flour.
Bake for 15 minutes. When it's done baking, let it cool on the baking sheet about a minute before moving them to where you want them to cool the rest of the way. I don't have a cooling rack, so I just put them on a plate. 


Pretty much deliciousness in a cookie.

*If you don't want them chewy, I suggest baking them at 375 for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment