Saturday, August 13, 2011

Beef: It's what's for dinner.

Kyle works swing shifts, so there's a fair amount of night shifts that I'm only making dinner for me and the kids. There's days he's off so I'm making dinner for everyone. Then, there's his day shift, when I make dinner for everyone, but alone. Needless to say, trying to cook ANYTHING with Gabe is tough. That kid runs to food like moths to a flame. 
I've been trying to get it through to him about the whole "HOT" thing, but he doesn't care. He wants some food, he gets some food and that's the end of it. But lately, he's been just standing between the kitchen and dining room, thank God.
Tonight, I opted for an easy choice seeing as I had to cook with Gabe at my legs. I went with some good ol' beef stroganoff. Marie Callander's ain't got shit on me.


Cooking egg noodles.


Making the sauce. Looks icky, but it's SUPER delicious.

This is something requested by a ton of kids in my family, if not my kids, then my nieces and nephews.



Favorite Beef Stroganoff

1 bag egg noodles
1 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt*
1/4 tsp. pepper*
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. water
1 beef bouillon cube
8 oz. sour cream

*These are to YOUR taste and liking. Feel free to change it up.

Dissolve the bouillon cube into the cup of water.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once you reach a rolling boil, add the egg noodles and cook until your preferred status. I like mine al dente, personally.
While the noodles are cooking, brown and drain your ground beef. Put your ground beef back in your pan and add the flour, salt, and pepper. Mix it up real good until it's all completely combined. Add in the cream of mushroom soup and water. Mix, mix, mix. This all needs to be smooth. It works best if you keep it at a low heat.
Once the noodles are done, drain them and put them back into the pot. Add your sour cream into the beef mix and once it's all combined, pour it into your egg noodles. Mix it all and BAM done! How simple is that?
This also freezes REALLY well. But if you go to freeze it, don't add your sour cream into it until you're about to serve. The sour cream gets funky.


With the flash. It's SUPER creamy and delicious.


Without the flash. This takes maybe 20 minutes altogether. And it's easy to make with a kid at your ankles. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment