Monday, August 22, 2011

Our KFC is gone. :(

Okay, to be honest, I'm not really upset that our KFC got taken away. I prefer Popeye's, and we have one of those in the next town over. I'm not broken up about losing one restaurant in our area, especially considering it was absolutely horrible and ridiculously expensive for very little food.
So I may not miss it, but Kyle loves (er..loved) their snack bowls. He just hated how small they were. So we took it upon myself (yes WE turned into ME) to make our own rendition of it. It's definitely a family favorite. The kids are always asking for seconds or thirds.


Homemade mashed potatoes FTW!


Popcorn chicken ready!


Everything's better with gravy, yo.


My favorite. Always. <3

Chicken Bowl

1 pgk. popcorn chicken (or you can use some cooked chicken breasts, sliced up)
Mashed potatoes (I used about 4-5 medium potatoes)
2 cans chicken gravy
1 pkg. corn (I didn't have corn this time around, so I omitted it completely)
Cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 375. 
If your popcorn chicken (or regular chicken) is frozen, cook it accordingly. Put it in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. If you're using chicken breasts, you'll probably want to do the layers differently.*
Pour your corn ontop of the chicken, and the gravy ontop of that. Layer on the potatoes. Sprinkle cheese ontop. Bake 15-20 minutes. SUPER easy. SUPER quick. SUPER delicious.

*If you use chicken breasts, I'd do mashed potatoes, corn, chicken, gravy, cheese. 


KFC don't know what they're talkin' about.


You may want to let it cool about 5-10 minutes to kinda not be liquidy.


I freaking love chicken.
And I love how simple it is, yet the kids love it. You can also throw in whatever veggies you want, pretty much. I just like corn in there the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment