Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tater Tots Are Nice And Round.

I first heard of tater tot casserole watching a documentary on The Duggars (who currently have the show 19 Kids And Counting..and props to them for being able to do it all). It was one of their older episodes, and they were talking about how tater tot casserole was one of their favorite foods. 
I loved just about all the ingredients they were putting into it, so I HAD to try and make it. I've been making it for a few years now, but ofcourse I had to tweak it here and there to try and make it fit me and my family best. I think I finally found the best for us!


Nomnom! Ready to be baked!

This is really great for the kids, too. What kid doesn't love tater tots?!



Kid Approved Tater Tot Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
32oz. tater tots
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
seasoning salt
salt
pepper
onion powder
1 small bag frozen corn
cheese (this is optional, but we dig on cheese in this house)

Preheat your oven to 375.
Pour your tater tots into a 9x13 pan. Make sure the layer is as even as possible.
Top the tater tots with your corn.
Brown and drain your ground beef. Put it back in the pan and mix in your seasoning salt, salt, pepper, and onion powder (all to taste). Add your two cans of soup and mix it all until everything is completely combined. Pour it evenly over the corn and tater tots. Bake about 25-30 minutes.
Pull it out of the oven and sprinkle some cheese ontop (since this is optional, if you don't want cheese, then you're already done!). Bake for another 5 minutes or so. 
Pull it out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!


Holy deliciousness Batman.


Oh yeah. Just..oh yeah. GREAT leftovers, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment