Sunday, August 7, 2011

Meatloaf, Meatloaf, Double Beatloaf.

I REALLY need to watch that movie. Get it out of my system. Oy.

So, a common staple in almost anyone's kitchen is meatloaf. A brick of meat. Yeah. Almost everyone knows how to make it. But there in lies the interest.

Almost everyone has a different way of making their meatloaf.

When you're using just a pound of ground beef and adding random things to it, the possibilities are almost endless. It's one of those versatile meals that you can add just about anything to. I know someone who adds a packet of dry onion soup and then bakes it on a sheet in little mini loaves. I like the mini loaves for the kids, and they do too. But I don't add dry onion soup. And one thing I ALWAYS make sure to do: Bake it on a sheet in a loaf shape. Why? This makes ALL the sides get that nice crust.

I DID have to try something I've never done before. I realized too late that I was out of regular bread crumbs. So, I improvised. I crushed up a bunch of Goldfish crackers to make up for the bread crumbs. 


Goldfish slaughter! <insert evil laugh>


Ready for baking!


Mmm Mmm Meatloaf

1 lb. ground beef
2 c. Goldfish crackers, crushed as fine as you can
1 egg
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder

Sauce
1 c. ketchup
1 tbsp. bar b q sauce
1/2 tsp. mustard
1 packed tbsp. brown sugar

**The seasonings are ALL to your taste, so change it up according to you**

Preheat your oven to 350. 
Whisk/scramble the egg into a medium-size bowl. Add the rest of your ingredients and then get your hands (er..hand) dirty. Use your hand to mix and mash it all until it's completely mixed. Don't forget to scrape the sides and bottom, you want it all combined. Shape it into a loaf and put it on/in a baking pan with sides. 
Mix everything for your sauce together and top your loaf with it. 
Bake it for 30-40 minutes.
When it's done, pull it out and let it sit for atleast 5 minutes, 15 minutes if you're patient enough. This lets it stay together after you cut into it, as well as lets the juice distribute through the meatloaf a lot better (trust me, this makes a difference). Cut into it and enjoy!
I usually pair mine with some friend potatoes.



Yummm! Such a great dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment